[osm-ffm] Editing project in Frankfurt am Main and Russelsheim am Main

Andreea Banciu - (p) andreea.banciu at telenav.com
Mi Apr 22 11:00:48 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am Andreea and I am part of the mapping team at Telenav.

To make OpenStreetMap more navigable and accurate in guidance, our mapping team is planning to start an editing project in Frankfurt am Main and Russelsheim am Main.

In the next weeks we will focus on editing one ways, turn restrictions, road geometry and also validating the existing map by correcting keep right errors.

We wanted to ask for your help since you've contributed a lot to Germany OpenStreetMap community. Beside the general OSM mapping guidelines https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attributierung_von_Stra%C3%9Fen_in_Deutschland , https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Map_Features do you have any local mapping guidelines for us? We would appreciate any hints regarding available local or governmental data that we might be able to use. Also, do you have any other communication channels we would be able to use and to be in touch with the local community?

Really looking forward to any input and advice!

If you have any questions or comments, please let me/us know.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andreea Banciu
Map Analyst
[D4132269]<https://us-prod.asyncgw.teams.microsoft.com/v1/objects/0-eus-d8-6efdbbf51ba3e99a1c11cf061583288a/views/imgo>
Email:      andreea.banciu at telenav.com<mailto:andreea.banciu at telenav.com>
Phone:     +40726647710
Web:       www.telenav.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.telenav.com/&c=E,1,w2KXnzclGev249Hc5lr2ZTLU5YL1UnZoSyHybTzj-pK7HTSpJsYVot8fLkMDRs0-1RJtRjrr_M0eJjt-MYm8yszyqzh6O5qAPbv4vfaa-CD-2_VWYoOAZMw3PA,,&typo=1>
Postal:    21st December Street 1989, no. 77, The Office, Bloc E, 400604, Cluj-Napoca