[OSM-Devserver] proposal for a?poor?mans?batch?processing?system ?:)

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Mi Apr 28 10:23:42 CEST 2010

Nop <ekkehart at gmx.de> wrote:

> The original plan was to start the import by cron job when the upload of
> the data is complete. It would be great if there was a way to delay the
> start of my import until there's no load on the server but I have no
> idea how to script that.

This is exactly what batch(1) does. Run a job if load is below a given
threshold  .

> Another option would be a daily 2 hour
> timeslice well offset from the other jobs that is only used once a week.

AIO should be finished in the early evening hours. Thus you can just pick
one.

As Jochen already suggested. You should definitely start a Wiki page with
all the jobs and when they are run.

Sven

--
"Ich fürchte mich nicht vor der Rückkehr der Faschisten in der Maske der
Faschisten, sondern vor der Rückkehr der Faschisten in der Maske der