[OSM-Devserver] proposal for a poor?mans?batch?processing?system ?:)

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Mi Apr 28 08:12:46 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 27.04.2010 22:40, schrieb Sven Geggus:
> Anybody else who needs a timeslice?

I need to run the Postgres import for the hiking map once a week. It
takes 1-2 hours if there's no excessive load on the server (about 10GB
of data). There is no fixed day as there's manual preparation involved
which I do on my own machine when I have the time.

The original plan was to start the import by cron job when the upload of
the data is complete. It would be great if there was a way to delay the
start of my import until there's no load on the server but I have no
idea how to script that. Another option would be a daily 2 hour
timeslice well offset from the other jobs that is only used once a week.

bye
	Nop