[OSM-Devserver] proposal for a poor?mans?batch?processing?system ?:)

Stefan Dettenhofer (StefanDausR) osm at dentro.info
Mi Apr 28 09:56:04 CEST 2010

Hi Nic,

ok Tuesday is your day!

For your information: I use your bboxSplit - it's great!
I split the whole planet (bz2) in 324 files (cat OSM) with 10°x20° in
149 minutes!
Then I split the biggest parts (about 70) again with 1°x1° in 79 minutes!

Aio and I use stampfiles, wich are present when we do nothing. They are
located in  /osm/stampfiles
So we can avoid starting our scripts at the same time. If something goes
wrong during the timeslots we have an other method for serializing.
Perhaps you can also create a "nic.stamp" and erase it during you are
working.

Regards,
Stefan