[OSM-Devserver] proposal for a poor?mans?batch?processing?system ?:)

Stefan Dettenhofer (StefanDausR) osm at dentro.info
Mi Apr 28 07:50:14 CEST 2010

Hallo Nic,

which days do you like? How much time do you need? Perhaps I can start
at the same day, when you are ready.

I have to do this jobs:

- "GermanyPlus" needs about 3h: I would like to start it at all 3 days.
I think I could also serialize it with AIO

- the Continents (Europe 8h, Africa 3.5h, Asia 8.5h) once a month. So I
would start one continent each week
- or/and the whole planet needs about 39h: I would split the job so that
it can run in several timeslots.

@Sven: I think Aio, Nic and I are not the problem. We can serialize our
jobs. The problem is the import of the planet in postgres. As long as
this import runs, NOTHING else should start.

Stefan