[C3] rC3 - OIO Planungsmeeting

Felix Delattre openstreetmap at xama.nu
Tue Sep 22 13:22:21 CEST 2020

Hallo, switching to English, unsure what language is best to use here :)

On 9/21/20 5:12 PM, Manfred Stock wrote:
> I'll try to be there as well. Altough I'm not sure I can or will contribute
> much in this meeting ;). But one idea for the OSM presence I had would be to
> have some OSM-BigBlueButton-"room" where some of us hang around and could
> answer questions, with somebody sharing a screen that plays a slide deck with
> some OSM(F)-related information and some show-me-the-way in between (as a
> draft/proof-of-concept, I've already played a bit with Reveal.js, the result of
> these experiments can be found on [1] if anybody is interested). We could also
> give a few workshops in such a room.

I like Manfred's idea a lot.

Quick feedback from yesterday's meeting: The main conversation was about finding one or two places where smaller groups of up to 50 people can gather and where talks can be properly recorded. These suggested locations are in Berlin or NRW.

While OIO (Open Infrastruture Orbit) has been a nice place for OSM at the last congress, I don't see many points of contact for this year in the decentralized setup at the moment. Probably we are well off to organize completely remote activities, as Manfred suggests.

What do you think?

Best,
Felix