[OSM-Devserver] proposal for a poor mans batch processing system :)

Mitja Kleider mitja at kleider.name
Di Apr 27 11:52:06 CEST 2010

Sven Geggus wrote:
> * Instead use a script which installs a batch job which will run your
job
>   as soon as the System load is below 5[1]

I am not sure what would happen if there are multiple pending jobs from
different users and the load goes below 5.
Wouldn't all pending jobs be started in that moment?

The only information I found in the manpage was this:

       At and batch as presently  implemented  are  not  suitable  when
       users are competing for resources.  If this is the case for your
       site, you might want to consider another batch system,  such  as
       nqs.

Mitja