[C3] rC3: Upcoming deadlines and next steps

Manfred Stock m-osm at nfred.ch
Mon Nov 2 23:40:28 CET 2020

Hi,

rC3 is drawing closer, and there's some upcoming, related deadlines ;):
* 2020-11-08: Call for Assemblies [1], so if we want to have an 'official' OSM
  assembly, we have to register one in the next couple of days. There's a
  couple of questions in the registration form, but I don't think we'd need a
  lot of infrastructure - there's likely going to be an online 2/2.5D 'world'
  where many things will happen and where we will likely be able to shape our
  own small, interactive niche, and this 'world' will likely allow to embed
  websites and have an integrated Jitsi. So we might either use this Jitsi or,
  the way I understand the wiki page [2], the OSMF BBB server in an embedded or
  linked website. This should be enough to e.g. meet and hold workshops.
* 2020-11-23 23:42: OIO/about:freedom Call for Participation [3]: This would
  likely allow us to reach a larger audience than if we just do something in an
  assembly, but would require that we either pre-record some presentation or
  that somebody is physically present at one of the OIO stages to give a live
  presentation.

Inspired from previous years, I've prepared a page in the OSM wiki [4] to maybe
help us get organised. I've also been at the last OIO meeting (meeting notes
can be found on [5]) where somebody had the idea that we could show some 'live
mapping', i.e. that somebody shares their screen while mapping and comments on
what they do. I like this idea, and we could even do this with different
editors.

What do others think? If nobody else steps up, but a couple of us 'register' on
the wiki page [4] in the next few days, then I'll try to register an
OpenStreetMap assembly at the end of the week.

Cheers
Manfred

[1] https://events.ccc.de/2020/10/17/rc3_call_for_assemblies/
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/BigBlueButton
[3] https://oio.social/en/2020/10/30/cfp-oio-about-freedomrc3.html
[4] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Congress/rC3
[5] https://pad.systemli.org/p/oio-meeting-1410-keep

--
"In the long run, every program becomes rococo, and then rubble."
		-- Alan Perlis